Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin)
Allergy Advice! For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
Store in a cool, dry place and once opened in an airtight container. Best before end: see top of pack
more than one country
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 20 biscuits
350g Tesco Organic Plain Flour,
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda,
1 tbs Ground Ginger,
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon,
125g butter, softened;
175g Tesco Light Brown Soft Sugar,
1 medium egg, lightly beaten;
4 tbsp Golden Syrup.
2 baking trays
Non stick baking paper
Gingerbread men cutters
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor.
3. Add the butter, whiz until the mixture resembles bread crumbs and then stir in the sugar.
4. Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, then add to the mixture in the food processor and pulse to make a dough.
5. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to ½ cm thick. Cut out shapes with gingerbread cutters and put onto a baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool.
Name and Address:
Tesco Stores Ltd.,
Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
GB-ORG-05 EU/NON EU AGRICULTURE