This whole roasted cauliflower is smothered in a smoky paprika butter and then topped with homemade herby breadcrumbs.
This whole roasted cauliflower is smothered in a smoky paprika butter and then topped with homemade herby breadcrumbs. Why not try this simple vegetarian main as an impressive alternative to your traditional Sunday roast joint?
- Serves 4
- 40 mins
- 281 calories / serving
- 100g (3 1/2oz) day-old wholemeal bread, or other bread of your choice
- 1 cauliflower, stem trimmed
- 20g (3/4 oz) butter
- handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon
For the paprika butter
- 1 tbsp Tesco smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Tesco Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 70g (3oz) butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Put the bread in the bowl of a food processor and blitz for a few seconds to a chunky crumb. Set aside, until needed.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. In a large steamer basket set over a pan of gently simmering water cook the cauliflower for 6-8 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a knife. Alternatively, cook the cauliflower in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender 5-6 minutes, making sure to drain well and pat dry before placing in the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the paprika butter ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a roasting tin and spread with the paprika butter; season well. Roast for 20-25 minutes, basting with the cauliflower juices halfway through, until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a frying pan. Add the breadcrumbs and fry until lightly toasted and golden; season. Remove and leave to cool, then mix with the parsley.
- Squeeze the lemon over the cauliflower. Scatter over the breadcrumb mixture and leave to soak into the buttery juices before serving.