This colourful tomato, feta and pomegranate salad works as a healthy lunch or an easy side with grilled meat or fish.
Embrace salad season as the weather gets warmer again. This colourful tomato and pomegranate salad works as a fresh and healthy lunch with crusty bread, or as an easy side to serve with grilled meat, fish, tofu or whatever you fancy. Dish up on a big sharing platter and let everybody dig in.
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare
- 220 calories / serving
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 500g mixed tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 190g sweet mini peppers, sliced
- 200g reduced-fat salad cheese, crumbled
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- ½ x 30g pack fresh basil, leaves picked
- To make the dressing, put the oil, mustard and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Put the tomatoes, onion, peppers, salad cheese and half the dressing in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to a large serving dish and top with the pomegranate seeds and basil leaves. Season with pepper and serve with the remaining dressing to drizzle over.