This spicy sausage and tomato ragu with spirali pasta is a flavour-packed dish that's sure to be a family favourite.
This spicy sausage and tomato ragu with spirali pasta is a flavour-packed dish that's sure to be a family favourite. Using pork sausages as the base of the ragu makes this recipe quick and easy to cook, ready in just 30 mins. Add more or less chilli depending on how spicy you like it and scatter with flat-leaf parsley for a fresh finish.
- Serves 4
- 4 mins to prepare and 26 mins to cook
- 612 calories / serving
- 1 tbsp Tesco Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 300g pork sausages, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½-1 tsp crushed chillies, to taste
- 400g tin Tesco chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tesco Balsamic Vinegar
- 400g Tesco Spirali pasta
- ½ x 30g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and sausages and cook, breaking up the sausages with a wooden spoon, for 10 mins, stirring every now and then.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a further 1 min before adding the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium and leave to simmer for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the spirali pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of the pasta water, then toss the pasta with the sauce and the reserved water. Divide between 4 plates and sprinkle the parsley over the top.