Make the most of midweek family meals with this delicious, fuss-free burger recipe
Make the most of midweek family meals with this delicious, fuss-free burger recipe. Flavoured with smoked paprika and served with a warming chilli salsa and crisp sweet potato fries, these spicy burgers are a brilliant family dinner idea.
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 494 calories / serving
- 1 x 250g pack beef steak mince
- 1 x 250g pack pork mince
- 2 tsp Tesco smoked paprika
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin batons
- 2 tsp Tesco organic rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns, halved
- Tesco organic mayonnaise, to serve
- handful coriander, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp Tesco organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. In a bowl, combine the beef, pork and Tesco smoked paprika; season. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the sweet potato with 1 tsp oil and a little seasoning. Arrange on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden. Brush the patties with the remaining oil. Heat a griddle pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste. Toast the burger buns, cut-side down, in the griddle pan. Spread each base with a little Tesco organic mayonnaise, then top with a burger and a spoonful of salsa. Sandwich with the lids. Serve with the sweet potato chips.
Freeze the raw patties only. Wrap well in clingfilm and tin foil (to prevent freezer burn) and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before continuing with the recipe method.