Nutritious chickpeas make a delicious snack when simply roasted.
Nutritious chickpeas make a delicious snack when simply roasted. This easy recipe includes a choice of two tasty toppings, garlic and punchy paprika, or soy sauce and nutty sesame seeds.
- Serves 6
- 5 mins to prepare and 55 mins to cook
- 64 calories/serving
- 1 x 400g (13oz) tin Tesco Organic Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Tesco Finest Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the flavouring
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Tesco smoked paprika
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Lay the chickpeas on a sheet of kitchen paper and dab all over with another sheet to remove as much moisture as possible. Toss together with the olive oil and the flavouring of your choice.
- Spread the chickpeas in a baking pan. Then cook in the preheated oven - the paprika-coated variety will take 45-55 minutes, the soy variety 40-45 minutes, shaking the pan once during cooking. When the chickpeas are crisp, leave to cool. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.