Bring home the sunshine with these hot-off-the-grill tropical burgers. Succulent pork and juicy pineapple, topped with slaw, makes this summer's tastiest meal between two buns.
Bring home the sunshine with these hot-off-the-grill tropical burgers. Succulent pork and juicy pineapple, topped with slaw, makes this summer's tastiest meal between two buns. Plus, these burgers are ready and on the table in just 15 minutes - the perfect, quick and easy dinner for two.
- Serves 2
- 5 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 516 calories / serving
- 300g 5% fat pork lean mince
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- pinch crushed chillies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 227g tin pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 2 crusty white rolls, halved
- 4 round lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- coleslaw, to serve (optional)
- Combine the mince, coriander, garlic and chilli in a bowl. Divide into 2 thin, equal-sized patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the patties, covered, for 6-7 mins each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and add the pineapple slices. Cook for 2-3 mins each side, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rolls, cut-side down, to the griddle pan and toast until lightly golden. Top the bottom half of each roll with 2 round lettuce leaves, followed by a cooked pork burger. Spread a layer of mayonnaise over the top of the burger, then add the pineapple slices and the red onion. Sandwich with the top half of the roll. Serve with coleslaw, if you like.