For a light lunch that's sure to brighten your day, look no further than these vibrant pesto salad pots. Layering up masses of super colourful fruit and veg and topping with a punchy vegetarian pesto, they're a brilliant, easy-to-prepare lunch that can be packed up and enjoyed on-the-go.
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook, plus cooling
- 266 calories / serving
- 2 red onions, halved and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp Tesco Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 180g pot honey-roasted vegetables
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp vegetarian fresh Tesco Classic Green Pesto
- 250g (8oz) baby tomatoes, halved
- 50g (2oz) baby spinach leaves
- 180g (6 1/4oz) spicy sweetfire baby beetroot, sliced
- 160g (5 1/2oz) lighter Greek salad cheese
- 60g (2 1/2oz) root vegetable crisps, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Toss the red onion with 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil and spread out on a baking tray in a single layer. Season well and roast for 30-35 minutes, until soft and browned. On a separate baking tray, spread out the honey-roasted vegetables and roast for 5-10 minutes, until sizzling. Cool.
- Stir the lemon juice, remaining olive oil and 1 tbsp water into the Green Pesto, then divide between 4 large jars or pots.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the jars in distinct layers, starting with the tomatoes, followed by the honey-roasted veg, baby spinach leaves, beetroot, roasted red onions, and crumbled salad cheese. Cover with lids or foil to transport. When ready to eat, tip into a bowl and mix well. Top with the crisps, if using.