Packed with nutritious kale, lemon and anchovies, and with a velvety crème fraîche sauce, it makes an ideal midweek meal.
This quick and easy pasta dish is full of vibrant flavour. Packed with nutritious kale, lemon and anchovies, and with a velvety crème fraîche sauce, it makes an ideal midweek meal. Add a few chilli flakes with the garlic and anchovies if you like heat.
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 426 calories / serving
- 3 tbsp Tesco Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and 1/2 juiced
- 200g (7 oz) curly kale
- 300g (10 1/2oz) Tesco Fusilli Pasta Twists
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche or double cream
- In a large frying pan, gently heat the olive oil with the anchovies and garlic. To avoid burning the garlic, cook it over a very low heat and push it all to the side of the pan.
- After about 5 minutes, add the lemon zest and kale. Give it all a stir and cover with a lid. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fusilli pasta in a pan of salted boiling water, following the packet instructions. Stir the crème fraîche (or cream) through the kale, add a little lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the kale. Stir and serve with a little grating of Parmesan, if you like.