This speedy, warming supper takes just 30 minutes to make and is brimming with gorgeous Greek flavours.
This speedy, warming supper takes just 30 minutes to make and is brimming with gorgeous Greek flavours. Lamb mince, oregano and black olives are combined with farfalle pasta, tomatoes and mozzarella, and baked until golden and bubbling. This pasta bake is great for batch cooking, too, as the meat sauce can be made ahead and frozen until needed.
- Serves 4
- 30 mins
- 650 calories / serving
- 1 tbsp Tesco Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Tesco Dried Oregano
- 500g pack lamb mince
- 400g tin Tesco Italian Chopped Tomatoes
- 140g Tesco Pitted Black Olives
- 200g frozen spinach (about 7 cubes), defrosted
- 30g pack dill, thick stems removed and leaves chopped
- 250g Tesco Farfalle Pasta Bows
- 1 ball half-fat mozzarella, drained and finely torn
Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the farfalle for 10-12 mins, until tender. Drain.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Stir the meat mixture into the drained pasta and spoon into a 1.5ltr ovenproof dish. Top with the mozzarella and cook under the preheated grill for 4-5 mins, until golden and bubbling.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Freeze the meat sauce only – once the dish has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly and reheat in a pan, then continue from step 3 of the method.