Butter bean and cherry tomato bruschetta recipe
- Serves 6
- 15 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 176 calories / serving
- 400g (13oz) can butter beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 1 halved
- grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 1tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium. Put the butter beans in a mixing bowl and gently mash with a fork. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and rind, and parsley and stir well before mixing in the cherry tomatoes and spring onions.
Cut the ciabatta loaf into thick slices and rub with the cut clove of garlic. Brush with olive oil then grill until golden and crisp. Top with the butter bean mixture and season.