Even though the kids have left home, life hasn't slowed down for ‘Bella’ from our story. When it comes to entertaining at home, she doesn't need to think twice about which meal to make. A long-time favourite with the family, ‘Bella’s’ delicious sticky plum pork is perfect for a Friday night get-together with her friends, too.
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 589 calories / serving
- 2 tbsp Tesco Organic Sunflower Oil
- 500g pork fillet, cut into 12 slices
- 2 x 180g packs plum and hoisin stir-fry sauce
- 4 star anise
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 40g ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Tesco Toasted Sesame Oil
- 6 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1 x 250g pack pak choi, leaves separated
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 x 250g packs Tesco Microwave Egg Fried Rice, to serve
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and fry the pork, in batches, on both sides, until golden.
- Return all of the pork to the pan with the stir-fry sauce, star anise, chilli and two thirds of the ginger. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the pork is cooked through and the sauce is piping hot.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a wok and stir-fry the spring onions, pak choi and the remaining ginger for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds.
- Cook the egg fried rice following the pack instructions and serve with the pork and pack choi.
An easy way to peel ginger is to scrape off the skin with the tip of a teaspoon – as it’s thin it will come away easily.
Use leftover ginger to flavour hot drinks. Add a few rounds of peeled and thickly sliced ginger to hot water with honey and lemon – great for soothing winter colds.